I thought it might be helpful to break the ice and introduce myself, so here are 10 random facts about me.
1. My favorite colors are teal and magenta.
2. My favorite number is 2. It was Thanksgiving, and my young cousin was finishing the annual magic show when he revealed a turkey made of bright feathers and popsicle sticks. He asked that we all write down our favorite number as the initial step for determining who should win the turkey. Well, my mom wrote 2, and I was jealous (for literally no reason). Not wanting to be a copy-cat, I wrote 3, but 2 has been my favorite number ever since that Thanksgiving.
3. My favorite animals are eagles and dolphins. I love their apparent gracefulness, as I am anything but graceful.
4. I love a good book and read a balance of fiction (usually fantasy or historical fiction) and non-fiction (memoirs, biographies, and books about social issues). I am a huge fan of the Narnia series and have read each book anywhere from 3 to 7 times between the ages of 7 and 15. A recent favorite is 102 Minutes: The Unforgettable Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers by Jim Dwyer and Kevin Flynn.
5. I have broken 2 bones in my life. When I was four, I was dancing on the toilet (to my mom’s frequently-expressed disapproval) when I fell and broke a bone at my right elbow. It was either my radius or ulna, but I don’t know which one. I broke my left clavicle (collar bone) at age 7 by slipping in the mud and twisting my upper arm/shoulder around a metal handrail.
6. I love tea and coffee both, though tea is definitely preffered. My favorite types of tea include chamomile and Egyptian licorice. Iced peach tea is a favorite for warmer days. And, of course, you can’t go wrong with a decaf Starbucks iced coffee.
7. The majority of the music I listen to is Christian, because I typically hear enough secular music in my day-to-day life to keep me entertained. I also listen to a lot of soundtracks. You can check out some of my current favorites in my Spotify playlists.
8. Favorite TV shows include Supernatural, Once Upon a Time, and Sleepy Hollow. I love fantasy TV shows, though occasionally I will watch something slightly more realistic. I also watch Korean Dramas sometimes, with my all-time favorite and first-ever drama being Healer.
9. Fall has been quickly becoming my favorite season. I have always considered spring or summer to be favorites, but I cannot deny my love for fall fashion, cool breezes, and the changing colors of the leaves.
10. My Myers-Briggs personality type is INFJ-T, according to the test, which you can take here. The test shows me right on the line between extroverted (E) and introverted (I); personally, I think I’m an extrovert with introverted tendencies. In certain ways, I fit both the INFJ-T and ENFJ-T personality types. According to the Enneagram test (found here), I am 5w6.